By Claude Bouillon, John Wilkinson
The main accomplished resource at the topic, this moment variation is totally revised and multiplied to bare the newest advances, applied sciences, and tendencies in hair and hair care science-tracking the advance of hair care items, the emergence of latest regulatory practices, and the most recent equipment in product defense and efficacy overview.
Read or Download The Science of Hair Care PDF
Similar dermatology books
The main complete resource at the topic, this moment version is totally revised and increased to bare the latest advances, applied sciences, and developments in hair and hair care science-tracking the advance of hair care items, the emergence of recent regulatory practices, and the newest tools in product security and efficacy overview.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It supplies a whole clinical dictionary masking countless numbers of phrases and expressions in terms of erythema multiforme. It additionally supplies huge lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it presents details to clients on the way to replace their wisdom utilizing a number of net assets.
In keeping with medical institution scientific trials reading using sign and snapshot processing concepts, floor Imaging for Biomedical purposes bridges the space among engineers and clinicians. this article bargains a radical research of biomedical floor imaging to clinical practitioners because it pertains to the analysis, detection, and tracking of pores and skin stipulations and disorder.
Hostile cutaneous drug reactions (ACDR) are one of the so much widespread occasions in sufferers receiving drug treatment. Cardiovascular (CV) medicinal drugs are a huge crew of substances with power threat of constructing ACDR in particular in aged as advertising of extra new medicines and their prescription proceed to extend.
- The Cutaneous Lymphoid Proliferations: A Comprehensive Textbook of Lymphocytic Infiltrates of the Skin
- Liquid Detergents
- Rickettsial Diseases
- Infectious diseases and dermatology
- Angiogenesis-Based Dermatology
- Color Atlas and Synopsis of Pediatric Dermatology: Second Edition
Additional info for The Science of Hair Care
100) observed that two KAP alleles were specific to Japanese population and were not found in Caucasians. 2. The Lipids Hair lipids can originate from two sources. They may arise from cell membrane remains or from the sebum adsorbed by hair in contact with the scalp. ) yields a quantity of lipids amounting to 1–9% of the hair mass and their composition closely resembles that of sebum which implies that the major part of extractable lipids results from sebaceous contamination (101–104). A more thorough extraction using a mixture of solvents at high temperature or following alkaline hydrolysis of the hair yields the constituent lipids of hair (often called internal lipids), part of them being free lipids, and another part enclosing the components of the cell membrane complex or of the epicuticle (105).
Whereas HS proteins are found in each type of cell, the UHS and HGT proteins are each exclusively located in only one type of cell: UHS proteins are found in paracortical cells only (38,98), while all the HGT proteins are to be found only in the orthocortical cells (38,42,98). The nature of KAP surrounding the IF seems to determine the spatial arrangement of IF, the presence of UHS imposing a pseudohexagonal arrangement of the IF (38). The relative amount of HGT also seems to regulate the curliness (crimp) of the fibers (37,99).
Significant progress was made based on this model, from studies with the aim of identifying the specific regions of keratin structure of the IF. They were illustrated by Feughelman’s work (248) based on the first descriptions of IF structure (54) and later by Wortmann and Zahn (238) who proposed new definitions of the X and Y zones benefiting from advances in keratin sequencing and knowledge of molecular organization of the IF. All these studies focused on IF structure while the matrix was almost completely ignored.