By Cheng-Few Lee, Alice C. Lee
The Encyclopedia of Finance, moment variation, constructed from over a thousand person definitions and chapters, is the main accomplished and updated source within the box, integrating the most up-tp-date terminology, learn, thought, and sensible functions. Showcasing contributions from a global array of specialists, the revised version of this significant reference paintings is unheard of within the breadth and intensity of its insurance. half I presents readers with a uncomplicated framework for purchasing on top of things fast, and has been up-to-date to incorporate over 2 hundred new phrases and essays. half II gains 24 new chapters and gives a closer examine the subject via key advancements and findings. half III has additionally been elevated during the addition of 4 new appendices. From "asset pricing types" to "risk management," the Encyclopedia of Finance, moment version, serves as an important source for lecturers, educators, and scholars.
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Finance PDF
Best managerial books
This ebook takes basic company accounting and monetary ideas in addition to engineering economics and adapts them to the original features of the development undefined. It presents the entire key monetary administration ideas wanted by way of development managers below one disguise, addressing how they're utilized within the development and the way they have interaction.
A lot has been written in regards to the monetary and political difficulties of nations which are within the strategy of altering from centrally deliberate structures to industry platforms. such a lot stories have considering the commercial, criminal, political and sociological difficulties those economies have needed to face in the course of the transition interval.
Myth-busting information for fraud preventionin a pragmatic workbook formatAn first-class primer for constructing and imposing an anti-fraud application that works, monetary prone Anti-Fraud possibility and keep watch over Workbook engages readers in an soaking up self-paced studying adventure to advance familiarity with the sensible points of fraud detection and prevention at banks, funding businesses, credits unions, insurance firms, and different monetary companies prone.
The Encyclopedia of Finance, moment version, produced from over one thousand person definitions and chapters, is the main entire and updated source within the box, integrating the most up-tp-date terminology, learn, thought, and functional purposes. Showcasing contributions from a world array of specialists, the revised version of this significant reference paintings is exceptional within the breadth and intensity of its assurance.
- Aktienkursorientierte Vergütungssysteme für Führungskräfte: Eine Analyse aus rechtlicher und betriebswirtschaftlicher Sicht
- Controllership: The Work of the Managerial Accountant (Controllership)
- The New CEO Corporate Leadership Manual: Strategic and Analytical Tools for Growth
- The Empowered Investor: 7 Principles for Strategic Wealth Creation in a New Financial World
- The Controller's Function: The Work of the Managerial Accountant
- The Procurement and Supply Manager's Desk Reference
Extra resources for Encyclopedia of Finance
115. Asset-Based Financing The mortgage contract is transferred from the seller to the buyer of the house. Financing in which the lender relies primarily on cash flows generated by the asset financed to repay the loan. 116. Asset-Liability Management The management of a bank's entire balance sheet to achieve desired risk-return objectives and to maximize the market value of stockholders' equity. Asset-liability management is the management of the net interest margin to ensure that its level and riskness are compatible with risk/return objectives of the institution.
Amortizing Swap An interest rate swap in which the outstanding notional principal amount declines over time. It generally is used to hedge interest rate risk or mortgage or other amortized loan. 79. Angels Individuals providing venture capital. These investors do not belong to any venture-capital firm; these investors act as individuals when providing financing. However, they should not be viewed as isolated investors. 80. Announcement Date Date on which particular news concerning a given company is announced to the public; used in event studies, which researchers use to evaluate the economic impact of events of interest.
17. Bank-Discount Interest Bank-discount interest commonly is charged for short-term business loans. Generally, the borrower makes no intermediate payments, and the life of the loan usually is one year or less. Interest is calculated on the amount of the loan, and the life of the loan usually is one year or less. Interest is calculated on the amount of the loan, and the borrower receives the difference between the amount of the loan and the amount of interest. In the example, this gives an interest rate of 15 percent.